Jackson Pollock by Miltos Manetas

Thursday, August 25, 2011

L is for

Love.  What are you looking for in a significant other?

Funny you should ask.  I feel as though I have rather simple expectations for a relationship, but that doesn't explain why I'm single, does it? Over the last year I've gotten much more comfortable being me and doing my own thing.  Yeah, yeah, "Then why have you been searching for someone??" I've been searching because I think it would be nice to have someone to grow with and experience things with.  Or maybe I'm just looking for someone to tolerate my random outbursts of nonsense.  Perfect! That's the start of the list of things I'm looking for in a significant other:

  • Must be able to tolerate my random outbursts.  This includes being able to tolerate the way I speak to my cats.
  • Should have close family ties.  I'm very close to my family and would want them to meet and hopefully like them.  And guess what? I'd love to get to know their family! Not after the first date though, I like to save that for the second.
  • Should be able to pick up sarcasm I threw down in the previous bullet.
  • Shouldn't take things too seriously.  However, should know when to be serious, which includes, but is not limited to: Interviews, professional work settings, police interrogation, bank robbery (assuming you're not someone holding the gun), when I'm crying, and at funerals.  
  • Should be doing something with their lives.  Sitting around in your boxers all day eating Cheetos and playing COD does not qualify as doing something with your life.  
  • Shouldn't have more hair products than me.  This one doesn't need much explanation.  But if you need an explanation, here it is:  I'm the girl.  
  • Drinking four times a week and blacking out, and/or doing drugs also does not qualify as doing something with your life, FYI.
  • Don't be an extreme anything.  And before you say anything about my cats, I'll have you know I'm not an extreme case.  Most of the time.
Basically I'm asking that my significant other be a decent individual all around. 



No comments:

Post a Comment