Jackson Pollock by Miltos Manetas

Friday, August 12, 2011

B is for

Best Friend

Anyone who knows me would assume they know who my best friend is, and chances are they're wrong. (Sorry Megan!) I'm lucky to not only have one best friend, but two: my mom and dad. Awwwwww! I know. But here's why they are my two best friends:

They've always been there for me. They've been to every concert I played my clarinet in, every football game I cheered at, and every volleyball game I played in. They never missed anything that I was involved in, and I've always had their support from day one. Maybe there were things I did that they didn't agree with 100%, but they stood by me anyway. All the times I've moved? You better believe they helped me.

Not only do they support me, but I can go home, do nothing, and have a wonderful time. All I need is their company. I know I'm always welcome at home, and they would probably crap their pants if I moved back home. They're the strongest, nicest, most caring people I know, for many many reasons about which I could probably write a book.

I know I'm not as strong as they are, but I've learned so much from them and truly respect everything they are. Over time I have come to realize how lucky I am and how rare it is to be so close to my parents. This disturbs me in a way. Maybe some people don't realize how much their parents have done for them, or maybe their parents are just not as cool as mine. Who knows.

No comments:

Post a Comment