Below are some great and not-so-great pros to being a college student...
- The fantastical allure of being "on your own" and being an adult. Fun when you're a freshy, possibly rolls over into your sophomore year.
- Nobody nags you to do your work. You do what you want, referring back to number 1 about being an adult.
- You get to meet new people. Some will be your best friend(s), others will be less than desirable individuals that help you realize how awesome you truly are.
- There are clubs, organizations, sports, etc. that you can get involved with. Not only is this another great way to meet people but it's a chance to stay active (unlike myself), make a difference, and/or discover a new hobby or passion.
- Parties. I'm sure some of you may be disappointed that this wasn't number one, but you'll get over it after a few drinks. Parties are plentiful.
- You are entitled to your own opinion, and can express yourself.
- Hellooooooooooo?? College students get discounts on some sweet stuff: massages, software, travel, groceries, etc. Nobody expects you to be able to afford anything. Except landlords, they'll suck you dry.
- FREE or cheap events on campus such as concerts, dances, yadda yadda.
- College is about discovering who you are, where you're going and what you want to do, meaning it's ok if you change your major 12 times...though I don't condone such behavior because you'll end up being the creepy 35 year old on campus.