Jackson Pollock by Miltos Manetas

Monday, November 14, 2011

U is for

Underdog.  What is one underdog you can't help but stand up for?

I actually find myself standing up for any and every underdog I can.  I like to think it's because I'm open minded, but it's likely because I grew up in a town of 353 people in the middle of nowhere which automatically made me the underdog in every social situation, for whatever reason.  Somehow, graduating with 16 kids (get the laughs out...go ahead...) made me inferior to everyone else who graduated with 400 kids.

Although my tiny school closed a few years after I graduated, my heart still belongs to that tiny town.  Bigger is not always better.  That's not to say I have some kind of life grudge against people who were raised in the city.  That is to say that, no matter how much of an "underdog" you are, you can accomplish anything you put your mind to.

No comments:

Post a Comment